Friday, November 23, 2012

My brother Rick for some unknown reason would play pranks on me, then in return when he least expected….. Revenge!…. This went on for some time until one day this game had an unexpected ending. You see, my brother Rick was lying on his back in the living room floor reading a comic when I creped up and punched him in an area …. Well lets just say below the belt!
At that moment in time it seemed like the right thing to do … You know, pay back! But after the hit I knew that maybe this idea of mine was the Wrong One!
Rick must have been that man of steel because he jumped up faster than any human alive and started chasing me!


Good thing I had my PF Flyers on (You can run faster and jump higher)


I was just like Flash in the comics!…Because he couldn’t catch me.



In our home you could go from the living room into the dining room through the kitchen and back into the living room, a circle. Around and around we went. I knew I was getting a big lead on him so when I went back into the kitchen I went out the back door into the garage, and out the open garage door, down the drive way and onto the side walk. As I turned to see if I needed to keep running, I saw Rick grab a hold of the opened garage door and gave it a gigantic hard pull. Instead of the big garage door shutting, it came crashing down, off the track and onto the garage floor with a big crashing noise! The look on his face I will never forget! In an instant the game was over, and time seemed to stop!
After a short time I walked back to the garage. Rick was sitting on the garage steps that led into the kitchen. We didn’t say anything for a couple of minutes, then Rick said “Can you help me fix the door?” So I did. After a couple of hours the garage door was back up and like new. Dad never knew the difference.
From that day on there was no more pranks and no revenge from me. I think he and I became more than just brothers that day…. We became friends.
Grandpa Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment